May is a magical time. Spring is in full swing, sunny skies mean more fun and outdoor activities. That’s why cities, counties, and companies all over the country celebrate the change in the weather with National Bike to Work Month!
WHAT IS BIKE TO WORK MONTH?
Bike To Work Month is one of the coolest events of the year that was created to encourage people to commute to work by bike.
Bike To Work Monday - Throughout May 2016
Bike to Work Week - May 16-20, 2016
Bike to Work Day - May 20, 2016 *Biggest day of celebration
5 WAYS TO PARTICIPATE
- Participate in the National Bike Challenge the Challenge and win prizes! The Challenge was created by People For Bikes and is a free and easy way to challenge yourself, colleagues and the greater community to ride more. All you need to do is register your company or organization, have your employees sign up and log in the distance that the ride. It goes from May-September and prizes are awarded every month! See the rules here.
- Create an internal employee challenge: top 3 riders with the most mileage win a Pure Fix bike!
- Start an afterwork bike club
- Hold team meetings in the park
- Host a company breakfast party on Bike To Work Day for people who biked
WHO ELSE IS DOING IT?
Everyone. From Fortune 500 companies like 3M and Microsoft to small businesses and startups. Check out the states below to see how much bike commuting is growing. It's crazy!